For many of us, the COVID-19 pandemic imposed change to our daily lives and some things take longer than they used to. Perhaps you’ve had to wait longer in line to pay at the grocery store, experienced a delay in receiving the shoes you ordered online or spent more time than usual on hold with your Internet provider. We may not be able to help you with any of that, but we can help you get paid faster when it comes to your benefit claims.
Online claims submission
Direct billing is usually your best bet but in cases where it’s not available, you can submit a claim online using our member site or the Alberta Blue Cross® My Benefits app. When you submit your claim online, you’ll reduce your exposure to COVID-19 and reap the following benefits:
- Anytime, anywhere—take advantage of time spent waiting in line at the grocery store to submit your benefit claims online. Not only is this the easiest and most convenient way to submit your claims, it’s also the fastest. When you submit a claim through the mail or by dropping it off at one of our branch locations, it can take more than three weeks to reach our head office and be processed. Most of our employees are working from home and our branch locations follow a weekly rotation schedule to pick up mail or claims in the drop box and send them to the Edmonton office where they can be scanned and distributed for processing. When you submit a claim online, it’s usually processed automatically by our system rather than manually by an analyst, resulting in much faster turnaround times.
- Save money—by not having to mail in your claim, you’ll save money on postage and avoid any delays in postal service. If you have to drive some distance to one of our branch locations, you’ll save money on gas and spend less time in traffic.
- Eliminate the need to print copies of your receipts—keep the original and simply snap a photo of your receipt to upload the digital copy online. You can also use an app like CamScanner to turn your phone into a mobile scanner.
- Check your claim status—easily find out if it’s been processed. If your claim has been processed, a statement with your reimbursement amount and direct deposit date will be available for you to view and print. No more waiting for a surprise in the mail.
- Cancel or modify a claim online instead of phoning in and possibly waiting on hold.
- Get reimbursed faster through direct deposit—no more waiting for cheques in the mail. In most cases, when you submit a claim online before 5 p.m. MT, payment may be deposited in your bank account the next business day, provided you’re set up for direct deposit. You’ll also save yourself time by not having to go into your bank to deposit a cheque.
Submit a claim online today