Alberta Blue Cross is known for offering an excellent customer experience. Whether you’re a group member submitting a claim online, an individual calling about benefits for the first time or a small business owner researching information on an employer plan, you can expect a simple, stress-free experience.
But, life is always getting busier and more complicated. It can be hard to find time for even the smallest of tasks, so your benefit coverage needs to fit seamlessly into your schedule. That’s why we are always working to provide options that match your busy, on-the-move lifestyle.
Here are just a few of the ways we’re making life easier.
- Health benefit look-up—available on our member site, this tool allows plan members to look up their eligibility for specific health benefits, find out how much benefit they have used so far and check when they will once again be eligible for the maximum.
- Travel insurance–purchase travel insurance online, including our newest travel benefits: Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption and Baggage Coverage. The entire site was enhanced to be intuitive and easy to use.
- Health claims–100 per cent of health claims can be submitted online using the Alberta Blue Cross My Benefits app and member site.
Employer plan customers
- Flex benefit selection tool–updated to provide an intuitive digital experience for Flex plan administrators and their employees, making it easy for plan administrators to manage plans and allowing employees to select and review their benefits options anytime, anywhere, on any device.
- Member Self Enrolment–a new tool for our group customers that allow employees to enrol in their benefits on any device—mobile, tablet or desktop. All plan administrators will need to do is key-in basic information.
Individual health customers
- One stop solution–easily research, quote and purchase individual health benefits and travel insurance online.
- Card access–downloadable ID cards mean no more wait times. We’re the first in the industry to introduce this option for individual health benefits.
- Online bills and payments–updates to the member site allowing members to view bills and other important information, update their payment information and method and make payments in one stop. Members using preauthorized payments can change their payment dates, frequency and view their account balances.
What’s coming in 2020
Our customers aren’t slowing down, and neither are we—and that means enhanced digital options and an improved experience for all. Here are a few things members can look forward to in 2020.
- Our member site will be completely rebuilt providing improved navigation and intuitiveness so customers can easily and conveniently access all their benefit information.
- The Alberta Blue Cross My Benefits app will be completely redesigned adding the ability for virtual ID cards and login through biometrics (fingerprint or facial recognition) instead of a password.
- Members will be able to view Life and Disability benefits online, plus update beneficiaries and apply for additional coverage.
- Seniors and snowbirds will be able to purchase travel insurance online.
This is just a snapshot of a few of the current and ongoing changes happening as part of Alberta Blue Cross’s digital transformation. Keep your eye on out for the official launch of these exciting new features and more information about upcoming changes.
*Some individuals may not have access to all features.